June new year's resolution and Fiskars news

Hello there! I'm writing this after having spent the last couple of days in Madison WI visiting the Fiskars HQ. It was a GREAT time (worth going just for the cheese curds, let me tell you), and although I didn't actually leave the US, there's something about airports that naturally brings out the jet lagged feeling in me. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the lighting and waiting in lines. Wisconsin is only two hours time difference to California, but honestly, I may as well have been on another planet, the way I feel this morning. Then again, maybe it's not jet lag. Maybe I just ate too much cheese?

Any how, the reason I went to visit Fiskars is because I have a new job with them. Whilst I'll still continue to write articles and tutorials for their corporate website, I am now also helping to lead their online crafting community - the Fiskateers, along with my friend Tania Willis. If you sew or craft in any shape or form (and chances are, if you are reading this, you do) you may want to check the community out. It's an extremely friendly and creative group of people, sharing their ideas and inspiration. 

It's good to be home though. My kids seem like they missed me just the right amount (not too much and not too little). 

I have a new project up on the Fiskars website this week*, that you might want to check out. It's my June installment of my New year's resolution challenge - to sew myself one item of clothing a month. I made a set of pajamas with a pattern by Favorite Things. It's such a sweet pattern and in fact, you can sew a cute pajama set with shorts and a cami AND a little nighty all from the same pattern. Find the pattern here.


Subliminal Olympic Team support messaging

Read the full project by clicking here.

I need a few clothing/pattern suggestions for the remaining months of 2012 in my new year's resolution quest. Anyone have some cool suggestions??

* I am PAID by Fiskars to write projects and tutorials for their website.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Does your resolution include accessories? If so I'm looking to make one of those cool infinity scarfs made out of t-shirt material. I'd love to repurpose some old t-shirts!
    And by the way, I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly - great idea - you've started me thinking! See you soon I hope?

      Delete
  2. It's not the cheese curds, it's the root beer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's so funny. Yes, it was probably the listerine!!

      Delete
  3. Well congrats on the new job! Nice PJs. Maybe you need a nice dressing gown now? (It's bitterly cold here right now, I'm sitting by the fire, and can't think of anything except snuggly layers for clothing inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr....you're making me feel cold. Didn't realize it got so cold you need a fire over there!

      Delete
  4. Cute PJs! I like the idea of a kimono-style dressing gown ...

    The new job sounds sweet! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your label, did you make it or can you tell me where you got it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually just a piece up cut up ribbon. My mum bought it for me (she sent it over from England) so not sure where she got it from. But I do love it. I just googled Union Jack ribbon and found it here -http://www.bloomingfelt.co.uk/just-arrived/union-jack-ribbon.html though I'm sure it's available in loads of places, depending on where you are.

      Delete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig