LBD DIY


Everyone needs a little black dress, right? For this one, I used the Pussy Bow Dress by Salme Patterns. I am a huge fan of Salme Patterns. There's just something about them that fits my body so well. Maybe it's the elasticated waist?!!?! And they have a new pattern out - Paper Bag Waist shorts. I have a serious crush on those, in black with little white polkadots.

I lined this dress, which though not in the directions, is easier than you think and gives the dress a really really nice finish. It makes it feel great to wear.

And something I discovered in making this dress; black is not an easy color to photograph.

You can go over and read all about how to add a lining to this dress at Fiskars.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Your dress looks great and thanks for the shout-out to Salme patterns. I had never heard of them before. Will now need to decide which one to buy first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress! Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress! Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously cute dress on you! I could make out the bow front on the Fiskars site :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to also thank you for your post on Fiskars. I will be following those instructions to line my dress too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! The lined version feels very pro!!

      Delete
    2. And let me know when you've done it! I'd love to see!

      Delete
  6. What a great dress!! Thanks to you, I am eyeing this pattern and thinking it might be nursing-friendly? And fit me over a range of sizes? Hmmmm. Now I just need to find the time to sew it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably would be good for nursing. You might need to cut the keyhole a little longer so that the front opens more. You could maybe wear a tank underneath if it was a little too low. It would be comfy too. I just made a long version (just cut the skirt pieces extra long and a bit more flarey) and I love that one too!

      Delete
  7. I'd never heard of Salme Patterns. Check them out and I love the pleated T-shirt. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love their Color Block T-shirt - I think it's NEXT on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I just discovered your blog, there are so many great projects, it's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig