Burda Kids 9504


I sewed up this little tunic a couple of weeks ago using Burda Kids 9504. There's a dress version with long sleeves and this tunic version with short sleeves. She's wearing it over a long sleeved tee, since it was a little chilly today.

It's a great pattern but it's been a while since I sewed a commercial pattern (as opposed to independent pattern designs) and I had forgotten how awkward they are to follow. I missed having the online support the most independent pattern designers offer. Still, it's a nice quick thing to sew and I'll probably make another. I'm not sure if the big slit at the front (underneath the buttons) was really necessary so I may not add that next time. 

I used this lovely soft fabric from JoAnns. They said it's 100% cotton, but it has a loose weave and I think it's more like a wool but with the added bonus of the softness of cotton. Not scratchy at all! I love it!


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. She is a darling!

    I'm trying to make some recipe tea towels using your tutorial. I've never used Spoonflower, so I've run into some questions...if you have a second, can you email me at kristensunna @ yahoo.com?

    thanks for the inspiration and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen!
      Re: the tea towels. I've just written some extra notes with more photos for Spoonflower as a lot of people were needing some extra help. They will be posting the update shortly - so look out for it as hopefully it'll help you out!!

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous! What a perfect top for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's a great fall top. I'm thinking of making another in wool, to keep her cosy over the winter.

      Delete
  3. Really cute top with a seriously cute model!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute... How about a couple made in Plaid Flannel ? Some with Long Sleeves? Maybe the Slit is for ease of little gal getting it off and on...? Looks Comfy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable tunic and model. I got here through burdastyle. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER cute! I know a bunch of little girls who would love this. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! This is great to see...I'm trying to decipher those Burda 9504 instructions myself and seeing your finished product is going to help I hope! I agree the slit looks like it's going to be unnecessary for my daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I had forgotten about this tunic and it was a nice reminder to come back and read the post when your comment popped up. I am going to dig out my pattern again - my little girl is now 8 and I'm not sure what size it went up to - I hope it's not too late for me to make her another one! Yes, that big slit down the front was strange and unnecessary. Good luck with yours!

      Delete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig