Handmade Stationery Set

Well, I'm just going to sneak back on here and carry on as if I hadn't been MIA for the last 6 months...do you think anyone would notice? Hmmm...probably not BUT in my defense, I have been up to all kinds of crazy this year! In terms of crafting, I've had many 'pinch me I must be dreaming' moments and to be honest, I feel that way about life in general too.

But I'm determined to get back on track a little here on my blog. I miss it! I miss having a little space I can natter on and just...be me.

Today, I'm sharing a fun little project I created for Fiskars a short while ago. Whilst I usually prefer to work with fabric and my sewing machine, stepping out of my comfort zone does me some good, every now and then. Do you feel like that?

I try to keep my paper crafting projects simple - mainly because I'm no expert - but also because I know that people like to be able to see something and just know how to replicate it. They don't always want to sit and read the instructions or directions (no matter how carefully I phrase my sentences or how long it takes me to chose just the right word...)

This would make a perfect gift, and it is in fact part of the handmade gift series I am currently working on for Fiskars. I've set myself the challenge of creating one handmade gift each month this year. I have had a few mishaps - not in terms of failing to create a project - but in terms of making a couple of things I love so much that I'll not be able to part with them. This is one of them....


It's a simple stationery set (not to be confused with stationary set, even though this little beauty isn't going anywhere).

I used some regular, pretty stamps but instead of ink them with ink, I used embossing pad and sprinkled the surface with a metallic embossing powder. This was my first time trying this technique (and I'm not afraid to admit it) so if I can do it, you can too.


I finished off the little set with a brown paper, crunched-up flower (new official term) which is also super easy to make.

If you'd like to read my carefully worded and expertly phrased tutorial (even if I do say so myself), go ahead and click here.


It's good to be back!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is so pretty !!! I love the crunched up flower. Where do you buy your blank card ? Tia !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them in Paper Source, but you could easily just trim cardstock to the right size with a paper trimmer! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig