Autumn Cowl

My favorite time of year here in Southern California is Autumn. I look forward to seeing the changing of the seasons and as I sit and write this, the dense sea mist outside my window is making me feel like lighting a fire, making soup and curling up on the sofa with a good book while the kids are at school. The truth is however, that once the sun comes out and burns off the damp coolness in the air it will be bright and sunny and we'll be putting on our sunglasses, slipping on our flip flops and enjoying the warmth. Still, there's no denying that the school run at least, requires some extra cozy apparel.

I made this cowl from organic cotton and the color is described as Olive, a deep, muted yellow-green. It's a lovely rich color and the cotton is amazingly soft. I can't stand itchy wool against my skin, particularly around my neck.

I used a double crochet stitch the whole way around, which makes the cowl thick and luxuriously warm and heavy.

Here are some simple directions to make one of these lovely cowls for yourself or as a gift. You can make it smaller (for a child) by making your original ch shorter. You could also make an impressively long over-size cowl that wraps around your neck more than twice, by making your starting ch longer.

Supplies : 5 skeins of Lion Brand's Nature's Choice Organic Cotton in Olive
5.5mm (US Size I, UK size 5) bamboo crochet hook
Directions :
Round 1 : Ch 150 and join with sl st to the first chain on hook making a loop. Be sure not to twist the chain.
Round 2 : ch 3. dc in each ch around. sl st into top of beginning ch 3.
Round 3. ch 3. dc in each dc around. sl st into top of beginning ch 3.

Repeat round 3 until cowl measures 12" in depth.

Let me know if you make one - I'd love to see it!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hey Lady! You're awesome! i like all things British. Come see my Wisdom Teeth necklace and Mad Hatter chair!

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig