Double duty fridge magnets {tutorial}

You may not have heard of Plaid Enterprises, but it's the company behind some great products like Mod Podge and FolkArt, and if you are a crafter in the US, chances are you use some of their things. They are running a Pinterest contest for March (in celebration of National Craft Month). If you're interested, you can find all the details of the contest here.

They want to see your crafts that have been made using Plaid products so get crafting, put photos of what you make on a Pinterest board, and email the link to Plaid at paintmeplaid@gmail.com.

They have a great prize for the winning board, so get to it.

Here's some photos of a new spring set of refrigerator magnets I made a couple of days ago using Mod Podge, which are so easy I recommend giving them a go. These are a suped up version of a set I made a while back because these are double duty! I had a set of small clothes pegs (they look the same as the ones you use to hang out your laundry in these photos, but they are MUCH smaller than that).

First find out the size of the flat side of the pegs - do this by measuring or reading the packet! Cut some patterned paper the same size - 2 for each peg. My paper is by Bella Blvd.

I usually use a toothpick to apply Mod Podge to small areas. Put glue on both sides of the peg and adhere the paper. I also painted a coat of Mod Podge over the paper to seal it.

Hang them up to dry.
I then got some flat bottomed glass marbles and cut some pieces of decorative paper which I glued to the bottom. I used my Fiskars Poppy punch which was just the right size to fit behind my marbles. Lastly, I used my glue gun to stick the peg to the front of the glass marble and a tiny but mighty magnet to the back.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig