Felt flower tutorial

Clearly I enjoy making felt flowers. I have posted tutorials here and here. Here is another style of felt flower to add to your felt flower repertoire. I have so many felt flowers kicking around and don't always end up using them for anything ~ the fun is in the making of them. At least for me anyway. This time however I did put some together and came up with this brooch.



To make these flowers start off with a strip of felt 1 1/2 inches wide and about 10 inches long. Fold the strip in half lengthwise and sew up one side. Take a small but sharp pair of scissors and make snips into the unsewn sides of the felt all the way to the end. Finally, start rolling the strip up, using a hot glue gun to secure it as you go. Simple!

Experiment with different lengths and widths of felt to get different sized flowers. If you have a go at doing this let me know ~ I would love for you to share it with us.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. awesome. thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally doing this with my daughter this summer! Thanks for the tutorial. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jenny and Janet. They really are so simple and effective ~ have fun making them and if you DO give them a go, come back and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial and the flowers look fab! I keep meaning to give something a go with felt, but then there's so much else to do I never get round to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these...I've been making them with paper but can't really figure out what to do with them...any ideas?

    xo,
    w

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, how about gluing them to gift tags or gift bags? Or thread them onto ribbon for a mini flower bunting? Or poke them onto sticks and have a paper flower bunch of flowers in a vase? Can you tell I've been thinking about this too?

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig