Make It Easy - paper quilling


Today the first Make It Easy tutorial will be posted to Honey's blog and before you head over to learn how to make beautiful gift tags using this special technique, please read about Honey and what inspires her.

"I grew up out in the country in Wisconsin as the second oldest of 7 children. With not much money we often had to fall upon our creativity to create things such as Barbie cars (seatbelts included), doll clothing, etc. I learned crochet from my grandmother when I was 9 years old and that is still one of my favorite crafts. Paper quilling, however, is my top favorite. I learned from a library book when I was 10 years old and haven't stopped since! My current favorite is to create jewelry out of paper quilling. I love the creativity involved, and cannot stop thinking of new ideas for designs! I currently live in Malaysia with my husband and four year old daughter. I enjoy instilling the joy of creativity in her with many art projects. She even joins me in paper quilling with her little box of "mistake pieces" and her own stash of strips of paper".

When I read that Honey learned crochet from her grandmother it made me think about my own grandmothers (now deceased) and what I skills I learned from them. Although I didn't learn crafting from them, one of my grandmothers was a fantastic storyteller and I try to engage others with my storytelling as she did (that she was prone to over exaggeration made her stories all the better). My other grandmother made a fantastic cup of tea (which is important to we English) and she used to make up her own special blend. I think of her every time I settle down to a calming, refreshing brew, though mine do not taste as good as hers. Maybe one day....

If you have fond memories of something you learned from your grandparents, please share. I'd love to read your stories.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig