Lisette Market skirt and Blouse

When I read that Liesl, the lady who makes the gorgeous Oliver + S patterns for children has made patterns for women for Simplicity, I rushed immediately to Joanns and managed to get my hands on 3 of the 4 published patterns.

I was excited to start sewing this set and I chose to use the Lisette fabric from Joanns. I must admit I felt a little unimaginative buying the fabric that was made for these patterns but I have to say I am glad I did. I especially love the Spiral Gold Flower print I used for the blouse and it is a great quality poplin.

I made the blouse first. The instructions were simple and straight forward with some nice little tips and explanations that would be useful for beginners. I am tall (5 ft 10) and so I ended up having to add a band along the bottom to make the blouse longer as I knew I’d be unlikely to wear it tucked in, like the model on the cover of the packet. Probably the tunic length would have been good for me to start with, so I shall remember that for next time. I also brought the sides in by several inches on each side because I like a more fitted look. I made it just small enough that I can still comfortably pull it on over my head.

The skirt was also straightforward. I used the Lisette Blue Chambray. I liked the use of the twill tape around the waistline though I wish I’d put it an invisible zipper and not a regular zipper like the pattern calls for.

All in all, I really love the blouse and will make more of these as it looks nice with jeans, skirts AND shorts. Honestly the skirt isn’t my favorite but I will wear it for sure. I prefer skirts that are a bit more billowy rather than straight, but I purchased the pattern based on my enthusiasm for the blouse rather than the skirt anyway.



(Special thanks to my 7 year old for taking the photos for me. He was about as enthusiastic as his dad is to take photos of me wearing the clothes I make and some of the 'out takes' were pretty funny).


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Your shirt turned out very nice. I didn't see this fabric at my joanns, it looks really nice in the yellow print. I hear you on the length, I cut mine out with extra on the bottom but when it's tucked in it still come out in the back.

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig