Time flies when you're having fun

Phew! I'm trying not to think it, but a little voice somewhere in the back of my head is whispering that the summer vacation is almost over and there's only 3 weeks left until the kids go back to school! I'm not sure how it happened, but we're more than half way through August already. I heard an interesting theory the other day about why time seems to go by much quicker the older you get. When you are 4 or 7 (like my kids happen to be), 1 year is 1/4 of your life, or 1/7th. A whole quarter of your life seems like such a long time, right? It least it does when you're so small. When you get to be an old frump like me, 1 year is proportionally, a much small part of the many years you have lived, and in my case is only 1/34th of my life. Or maybe 1/33rd. If I wasn't so old, I'd be able to remember how long I've lived!

Anyhow, time certainly seems to go by quicker when you're having fun, there's no denying it. This summer we bought an RV (a really old one ~ nothing fancy, it's almost as old as I am but has so much style ~ just like me :O)
We've taken it on a few camping trips which have been a great success.

We've even got into the habit of driving it down to the beach at the end of our street and parking up for the evening. We have a play in the sand, fly kites if there's enough wind and get our feet wet. Then we head back to our van, cook some dinner, give the kids a shower, put their pajamas on and after reading them some bedtime stories, drive home to put them in bed!

I have also managed to find time to squeeze in a couple of sewing projects. I've been busy on some work for Fiskars and have made 2 amazing Halloween costumes that I am so excited about (luckily, so are the kids). They won't be published for some time yet, but I will be sure to let you know when they are.

I hope you are all enjoying your August. My little one turns 5 on the last day of this month. I noticed as I was helping her get dressed this morning, that many of her clothes are 3T. I think it may be time for me to finally admit that my littlest one is growing up. And needs bigger clothes.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig