Sewing for boys ~ Little Heartbreakers

You may have already realized with this post and this post that I am completely obsessed with the new book Sewing for Boys by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage. The more I make from this book, the more in-tune I am to the patterns and directions, so that creating something really amazing (like these Little Heartbreaker Pants) is very straightforward and completely satisfying.

I have made pants before without using a pattern, but the ones I have been making from this book are so much better than anything I have made myself. The cut is fantastic ~ they really suit him.

I can be a fairy haphazard sewer and can sometimes rush through a project just to get it completed. But following proper patterns from this book has really made me take pride in my work and I have really made an effort for the things I have been making to be just as great on the inside as they are on the outside.

The thing I LOVE about these trousers is the adjustable waistband using the buttonhole elastic. It all came together so simply ~ I know I would have struggled for hours and ended up in a mess had I not been using the pattern.

I love the striped fabric I used for the facing and pocket lining. It was a small scrap I had left from a yard I bought on a family trip to Singapore last year and I'm so happy I had just enough to use it.

And I love the Hong Kong finish on the pocket seams inside the trousers. Towards the back of the book there are some very helpful directions on different seam finishes.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Emma, I am *so* pleased to hear that you enjoy the details we included in the construction of garments from our book. We tried *really* hard to make sure each garment would fall into "his favorite clothes" category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies - your enthusiasm means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig