Homemade pattern weights

Something that has streamlined my sewing recently are these pattern weights. They have saved me so much time. Instead of pinning my pattern to the fabric, I just put these weights down and cut around.

I used a couple of 1.25" washers from the hardware store (embarrassingly, I've been here long enough that I can't remember what we call a hardware store in England - DIY store, maybe???) and wrapped embroidery floss around them.



I used my rotary cutter and cut around the pattern but I have read that people get really good at using their scissors with pattern weights.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Always looking for a new way to use washers! They're quite pretty, to boot...
    w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cute idea! I'm generally grabbing whatever happens to be around for pattern weights (jars of sewing notions, plastic dinosaurs, toy cars) but these look pretty and easy to cut your way around.

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig