April skirt


I only posted about my March new year's resolution project last week because I had to wait for the post to go live on the Fiskars website, and today I'm bringing you my April project! You can read all about it by clicking here

I used a pattern designed by a lovely girl called Tasia who is the brains (and no doubt, blood, sweat and tears) behind Sewaholic. I was not only drawn to her amazing patterns but she also lives in Vancouver where I had the pleasure of going last November and I loved everything about the city. I used the Crescent Skirt pattern which comes in 3 variations. Tasia is obviously an incredible and experienced sewer and I learnt so much by making this pattern and also by reading the sewalong she wrote to go with it. I picked up several cool little sewing tricks of the trade.


I'd really like to make her Minoru Jacket someday, when I have the time and the appropriate weather. Look how nice it is. I'm torn between the hoodie version and the high collar one. Perhaps I'd have to make both.


Anyway, as you can see I used the Echino London print for this skirt. Being English, I'm pretty happy that my country is hosting the Olympics Games this year, but living in California, I feel I'm missing out on some of the fun in the lead up to the start of the games by not being there and I'm not even a sports fan really. My new skirt is cheering me up though. Are you even giving the Olympics a second thought?

Happy April! And btw, did you see my fool video? That was fun to make.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I really like your skirt. What a fun print! The gathers make it so flattering, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That print is adorable! I might have to check out some of the patterns on Sewaholic, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cut of this skirt, and now I'm hankering after this pattern! What a flattering shape! (For when I'm not, you know, super pregnant.) I love your fabric choice too - what a great way to "represent" as we say here in California.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned this from Fiskars a while ago and making this skirt is a 2012 goal. I really like my skirts to have a lining though, would it be possible to line this? Any tips on how to do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, more like 2013 goal, still getting used to the new year I suppose :)

      Delete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig