How to sew

My sewing journey would not have been as easy, as fun or as inspiring without the help of many amazing bloggers who have been so willing to share their expertise, spend hours compiling tutorials and how-tos and generously sharing their ideas that have inspired me. I'm not joking when I say that for the fist 6 months of using my first basic sewing machine, I sat with the machine's manual open on my lap laboriously learning the basics of sewing and when things got too much for me (there many have been tears....just sayin') I would always turn to my computer and do a quick google search, and would find that someone, somewhere had the answer or technique I was looking for. And not only that, but they had photos of each step along the way! If only all of life's problems could be so easily solved.

So in order to give back to a community that has always helped me, I thought I'd start a basic sewing skills series ~ and when I say basic, I mean right at the very beginning. I'm going to try and answer the questions I had when I first started sewing. From choosing a beginner's sewing pattern to actually making a finished item.

Before I had children I was a teacher so I guess you could say that I really like to help others learn. Either that, or I like the sound of my own voice....


Picking your pattern : where to begin
Tool of the trade : the essentials and the extras
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig