July 4 decorations

I am starting to do a bit of work with a salon here in Huntington Beach called Studio 37 Salon. If you are a local you really must go and check them out. The girls are super friendly and really good at their jobs which always makes for a successful haircut experience. Plus Deanna, the owner, is a great supporter of Handmade and I was so happy when she asked me to make some unique 4th of July decorations for her.

We got completely inspired by these red, white and blue bandannas.

And with a bit of maths (which took me to about my limit) I made a bunting to fit along the front of the shopfront. I put grommets into the fabric at certain points so that it could be attached easily.




I also made a vase of pinwheels with sparkly card and used star and heart buttons for the centers. I attached them to skewers and put them in a large hurricane vase with some florists' foam at the bottom to keep them in position. I then threw in a good amount of red feathers to cover the foam.


Outside we hung some stars and stripes covered hearts to the wall with ribbon.

Happy 4th of July to my American friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig