You say gray, I say grey, jacket

I used Burda young 7607 with some modifications. Primarily, I made the sleeves 3/4 length and did not line it. I used a thick sweatshirt fabric which does not fray and I serged the inside seams and added this ribbon over the seam at the back of the neck to keep it neat.

I also did not add the shoulder pads ~ seriously I am a giant and my shoulders are quite big enough already thank you very much.

The pockets are really simple to make and I like how just a tiny bit of the pocket lining fabric shows at the edges.


This is the back of the neckline where you can see where I stitched the ribbon over the seam. I think I get away with it because of the casual style of the jacket.

In all, an easy pattern with lots of potential, though having tried to line another version I made, I will probably avoid lining any future ones at all cost. No matter how much I read about lining jackets and 'bagging' I just could not get it right.

Am I the only one avoids a particular sewing technique because I know I'm going to fail or do you tackle them head on?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Emma - Love Love LOVE! I like the detailing on the neckline because it makes the blazer more casual! Not too mention its always nice to put your own stamp on it! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job!!
    I'm usually to impatient to master a technique so I too, will avoid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I made that jacket too, but in cotton. I love that you made it in sweatshirt material. It looks so comfortable. Lining that fabric would really take away from the comfort anyway.

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig