Basic chair cover {tutorial}


I'm always meeting people that either tell me they own a sewing machine and don't know how to use it OR that they can only sew in straight lines. Well, you can sew a lot of things using only straight lines and in all honesty, if you can thread your machine, cut fabric and sew a straight line, you can definitely sew curvy lines too.


This basic chair cover is a project I did for Fiskars a while back and I realized I hadn't posted it here yet.  It only requires straight lines and is perfect for a beginner because it makes a BIG impact. Obviously your chairs aren't necessarily the same size as mine, but I'll tell you which parts of your chair to measure and how to make a slip cover like this. What I like about my slip cover is that you can easily just change the organza tie and change the look for different seasons or holidays.

You can read the full tutorial by clicking here.



*I am paid by Fiskars to write projects, tutorials and articles. Just so you know...

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I am somewhat terrified of the sewing machine. But I think I can give this a go (and have similar chairs in need of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Emma! I just found your blog through the wonderful recipe tea towel on Spoonflower; now I can't wait to find some of my Mom's and Grandmother's handwritten recipes to make some of these for my daughters and I.
    Thank you so much for this idea ~ I'm your newest follower! (I also have a blog, A Little Fur in the Paint, which has been neglected for the past month as I get ready for an art exhibit ~ stop by and visit sometime!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! Thanks for the comment. I'm so happy you love the tea towels I made. I love them too! If you ever get around to making a set yourself, do come back and let me know. I'd love to take a peek!!

      Delete
  3. Like Anne, I would really like to try the tea towels, too. I have my recipes all ready to go in Picasa, but I am struggling with the uploading step. Even though I have chosen 36 x 54, it doesn't seem to fit. I am not familiar enough with picasa to know where I am going wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire, sorry for the delay in replying. Things have been hectic here. It seems like Picasa isn't working for some people, in the way that it worked for me. There's another way to get your image the correct size. I suggest you open your image in Paint and click 'resize' immediately. If you want your image to fit 1 yard of Spoonflower's cotton/linen, you want to make the image 8100x5400 pixels (don't maintain aspect ratio). Then save it. That should make the image fit one yard of the cotton/linen exactly. Let me know if you still have trouble - I'm happy to help!

      Delete
  4. The chair cover is really amazing. I really want to feel the thrill and excitement of wedding chair covers. Chair covers are covers which provide a covering to the chair. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig