I know I have mentioned my lemon tree before, but just look at it (again)! Look at all those lemons! Does my excitement betray my damp, cold homeland origins? My kids don't understand what the fuss is about because a lemon tree growing in their garden is all they have ever known. To me, however, it is an amazing sight and one that I always hope to appreciate. That said, do you think a lemon tree has such evil thorns on its branches just so that it REALLY REALLY hurts when you spike yourself, draw blood and then get lemon juice in the wound?



Not to be put off by the thorns, I picked a couple of lemons last night and made this delicious lemon and blueberry loaf and took it along to my book club. It was so good.





Thanks lemon tree.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I get your excitement! I get excited about my lemon trees too. I also have a couple of orange trees that are non stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I used to live in California always had a lemon tree in the yard. I loved it! Now I live in Nevada and it snows in the Winter, too cold for citrus. I miss my lemon tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky to have all these fruit trees for you to cook with! I made something very similar to this last summer with coconut added in and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig