One crazy kid and her bib t-shirt

A long weekend (my kids had no school on Friday which makes it a 4 day weekend ~ a wholly sensible work/life balance, if you ask me), so a bit more time for making. I don't know what inspired me to make up this little thing, but after coming across this plain brown t-shirt in my little one's drawer, I decided it needed a bit of cheering up. I had a scrap of cool Alice in Wonderland print and some pink ric rac and made up a pattern on paper.

I had some buttons I made myself which fitted perfectly. Here is my button making tutorial in case you'd like to try it.



Now, I am first to admit that I've had my fair share of sewing disappointments and when we know each other better I will probably divulge each and every miserable failure to you. But for now, just know, that when things turn out right (like with this t-shirt) I feel so happy I could dance! In fact, I probably did.



SHARE:

5 comments

  1. this is excllent! i will definitely have to do this, my little one has so many plain boring tops, and this is just the thing! thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect idea for those stained tees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do try this out Yolandi, please come back and let me know! I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so stinking cute, I wish my daughter were still small enough to wear this kind of stuff! Orangies Attic

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig