Sewing is my craft of choice, but I'll pretty much give anything a go if I feel so inspired. I saw this necklace on the Anthropologie website the other day but at almost $400 it is completely out of my price range! I have never made jewelry before but this didn't seem too complicated or requiring any special tools, so I had a look around Joanns this afternoon and this is what I came up with.



Ok, it's not quite as lovely as the Anthropologie one, but it cost $6 total and I have enough ribbon and clasps left to make 2 more. I did use ceramic beads like the one from Anthropologie but the choice in Joanns wasn't extensive. In fact, these orange beads were all they had, but I like them. I like the way they sound when they bump together and I like their weight and feel. I am going to keep my eyes open for some ceramic beads in more pastel colors to make another necklace.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I think it looks fabulous! Great choice of colors. I found you through the Etsy blog team and hope you'll follow back. www.divineinmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! You have been chosen to receive the Lovely Blog Award! Find out more at http://divineinmind.blogspot.com/2011/05/lovely-blog-award-winners.html

    ReplyDelete

© The Hello Beautiful Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig